Friday, June 1, 2012

Landscape





      Going into this project I was pretty excited to get back into the dark room and experiment with all the cool technology and different ways and settings to develop a photo. However, I started with the drawing part and wasn't to excited about that. After about the second day I really started to enjoy drawing with the ink. Soon enough the drawing was over and I had about 25 different ones. Only about 5 were good so that told me I should focus more on quality not quantity. I sometimes dont have the patience for drawing and I tink that is why I did a lot of drawings. Anyway, I am pumped for the dark room and after about a day found out how hard and frustrating it was. There were a lot of steps to make a good photo and it was very easy for things to go wrong in those steps. In the end, I ended up producing like 4-5 good ones that are depicted in my book.
      Moving on to the book, I really wanted to show a clean, clear balance of different varieties of my work. Keeping that in mind I thought it would be cool to have a jacket which you can see in the picture above. I thought I did a decent job of that added different colors of ink and completely different nature photos. Some in the water, some of the trees. Overall, I really enjoyed this project as I saw my self grow and discover my liking for new things.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment