Monday, June 4, 2012

Final Art Reflection

1. One of my two favorite works this year was the plaster sculpture. In that project we got to go outside the box and experiment with many different aspects of sculpture. There wasn't any ways we had to do it. The instructions were to carve a sculpture out of a pciture we drew of emotion. The process was very fun as I tried very hard to wrap my brain around the concept. It is also one of my favorite works because I think it is one of my best. I really was able to be creative and that is my favorite part of art. It is above.   Project title: Sculpture

My other favorite most successfull piece was the 3D texture project. I really enjoyed the project because we got to do my favorite thing, BE CREATIVE. With that in mind I had a lot of fun with hte project producing one of my best works this year. The project directions were to display many different textures and designs on our thin block of wood. With those directions there were many ways to take and interpret it. Picture above.

2. These works stand out not only because there are my best but because it shows my carefull craft. Craft related to the project instructions. In the sculpture it was to show emotion which I kept in mind and thought I did a pretty good job of that through craft and TEXTURE. The second one shows yet again the vast spectrum of different textures which were the instructions. Also I kept it very simple and easy which makes the textures stand out. Here again patient craft and the concept of textures are shown very well. I could have easily gone off and just glued random cool stuff on but I thought that would be crazy and un-neat. So I laid back and was patient and made my simple yet complex work. I had to keep craft and patience in my mind in order to produce this.

3. My least successful work was one of our first projects. The one where we made a person doing parque out of wire. I did very bad on this because I never really understood how to go about making it. I was very confused and could never understand the craft that was needed to make a good wire person. I learned that before I dive into somethign I need to fully understand what I am doing. Keeping that in mind, I did that throughout the rest of the year. Now, I would have used a lot more wire so it is easier to see the shape. Also I would make a one wire thin base and just wrap wire around that.

4. My greatest strengths were defintely creativity and craft. When the two are put together I am pretty good at art. I don't like very specific instructions. I like a lot of room to use my creativity and usually it took me somwhere successfull. My craft was pretty good this year, it came a long a long way. I used to be terrible with craft but now I'm not bad. Just shows what practice and teachign does.

5. My overall effort in class was fairly good. At the begginign I was TERRIBLE at art and it was actaully pretty frustrating. To fix that I started really putting all my time and effort into everything so it wasn't that bad. I gave it my all in the actually craft part of each project. I put all my effort into the projects and tried to produce my best work. Also I really tried to open up in my blogs and say everything I had to say about the question or project. I could have improved by understnading more conecpets and vocabulary. I didn't get much of that for some reason.

6. I am very excited about drawing and painting next year. This year I wasn't too goood at drawing or painting and I hope to get a lot better because I think once good it can be very fun. However, I did come a logn way but I am still not good.

7. I really think my developed patience will go a long way. I have learned not to jump right in and kind of lay back and observe before working. This is most exemplified in my texture work where it was very simple and easy, not complecating and un-organized. Also the little photography we did this year I learned from. Not jsut takign the pictures but how to develop them on the computer and make changes to them.

Overall, I really enjoyed survey of visual arts because I got to do a little bit of everything discovering my likes and dislikes.


































No comments:

Post a Comment