Monday, December 12, 2011
2. My best image was probably the one of the wood chips or rocks because there isnt a consistent pattern, it is completely random. Nothing is the same size or shape which makes the pictuer very intersting. They easily convey texture the best.
3. I think the most successful one was the one on the top right of this post. There are four different textures in different quaDRANTS on the paper and in the middle there are four circles. Each circle has the same texture of one of the quadrants. I think it is my best and is cool to observe.
4. My favorite collage is probably the one on the top left of this post. One, it is digital and has color which I think conveys texture easier. Two, there are many different picture which convey different textures. Lastly, in the rubbings there is only rough textures, in the digital pictures you can convey smooth textures as well.
5. I think I will definitely use plaster in my project. The technique Mr. O showed us using the rocks was very cool and I will use very similiar objects to convey a negative texture. I like the project we are about to encounter because it involves cutting wood and not very precise things.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
While making these paintings I used the basic painting utensils; brush. palette and paint. I followed the methods of compliment. triad, monochromatic, and analogous. WHile painting each painting I kept those painting methods in mind. I developed my craft by keeping long strokes in mind. It looked a lot better to have long strokes going the same way than short, stubby strokes going different ways. These painting have really helped me understand color and the different methods. At first, I didn't know what was the difference between anything (traid and complimentary) and now after actually painting each one, i understand it a lot better. Overall, I really enjoyed this project because it helped me understand and appreciate color.
Monday, October 24, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
I made this amazing picture in the dark room.
1. Place photo paper under light that isn't on yet
2. place objects on paper
3. hit button that turns on light and timer
4. after the picture process is done go through the whole developing process
In this project, my goal was to place objects on the paper in a somewhat intelligent way and still manage to have that random look. However, I had great trouble doing so, I just didn't quite know how to place my objects and convey one of the topics.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
This is a black on white shapes image. I cut on shapes from black paper and simply pasted them on a white one. In this particular image my goal was to get the attention to the top of the paper where I cut out a trapezoid and then cut smaller ones out of the original big one. I did that because I think it is cool to have the same shape just smaller. Looks like a line, where the biggest are on the outsides and the smallest on the insides. I am very proud of this masterpiece.
Justin Kaull and I were in the dark room on Tuesday, the 26. We used different items we brought in and arranged them in a random order to make this extrodinary rayogram. When the shot was taken we were in the mode, we were confident and had no thoughts of going back. After the picture process was done (7 seconds) we went through the process of actaully getting the picture to show up on the paper. Finally, we went in the light and saw the beautifull art work we had created.
Friday, September 16, 2011
2. discussion of line drawings
3. photos of wire sculpture
4. discussion of wire sculpture
In art class we have been studying lines, part of doing so we have to draw objects. Here are a few of my perfectly executed pieces of art.
Our class subject was parkour, the image above is wire sculpture of a guy executing a back flip. While making this sculpture I thought i did two things exceptionally well. One of those is my skill of expressing my feelings and putting them forward into my art. My most enthusiastic one, is my ability to understand the art world. I have an imagination that I am Pablo Picasso. Being such a great artist I try to be the amazing artist he is. He is my inspiration and I always try to stay in character.