Monday, June 4, 2012
2. These works stand out not only because there are my best but because it shows my carefull craft. Craft related to the project instructions. In the sculpture it was to show emotion which I kept in mind and thought I did a pretty good job of that through craft and TEXTURE. The second one shows yet again the vast spectrum of different textures which were the instructions. Also I kept it very simple and easy which makes the textures stand out. Here again patient craft and the concept of textures are shown very well. I could have easily gone off and just glued random cool stuff on but I thought that would be crazy and un-neat. So I laid back and was patient and made my simple yet complex work. I had to keep craft and patience in my mind in order to produce this.
3. My least successful work was one of our first projects. The one where we made a person doing parque out of wire. I did very bad on this because I never really understood how to go about making it. I was very confused and could never understand the craft that was needed to make a good wire person. I learned that before I dive into somethign I need to fully understand what I am doing. Keeping that in mind, I did that throughout the rest of the year. Now, I would have used a lot more wire so it is easier to see the shape. Also I would make a one wire thin base and just wrap wire around that.
4. My greatest strengths were defintely creativity and craft. When the two are put together I am pretty good at art. I don't like very specific instructions. I like a lot of room to use my creativity and usually it took me somwhere successfull. My craft was pretty good this year, it came a long a long way. I used to be terrible with craft but now I'm not bad. Just shows what practice and teachign does.
5. My overall effort in class was fairly good. At the begginign I was TERRIBLE at art and it was actaully pretty frustrating. To fix that I started really putting all my time and effort into everything so it wasn't that bad. I gave it my all in the actually craft part of each project. I put all my effort into the projects and tried to produce my best work. Also I really tried to open up in my blogs and say everything I had to say about the question or project. I could have improved by understnading more conecpets and vocabulary. I didn't get much of that for some reason.
6. I am very excited about drawing and painting next year. This year I wasn't too goood at drawing or painting and I hope to get a lot better because I think once good it can be very fun. However, I did come a logn way but I am still not good.
7. I really think my developed patience will go a long way. I have learned not to jump right in and kind of lay back and observe before working. This is most exemplified in my texture work where it was very simple and easy, not complecating and un-organized. Also the little photography we did this year I learned from. Not jsut takign the pictures but how to develop them on the computer and make changes to them.
Overall, I really enjoyed survey of visual arts because I got to do a little bit of everything discovering my likes and dislikes.
Friday, June 1, 2012
Going into this project I was pretty excited to get back into the dark room and experiment with all the cool technology and different ways and settings to develop a photo. However, I started with the drawing part and wasn't to excited about that. After about the second day I really started to enjoy drawing with the ink. Soon enough the drawing was over and I had about 25 different ones. Only about 5 were good so that told me I should focus more on quality not quantity. I sometimes dont have the patience for drawing and I tink that is why I did a lot of drawings. Anyway, I am pumped for the dark room and after about a day found out how hard and frustrating it was. There were a lot of steps to make a good photo and it was very easy for things to go wrong in those steps. In the end, I ended up producing like 4-5 good ones that are depicted in my book.
Moving on to the book, I really wanted to show a clean, clear balance of different varieties of my work. Keeping that in mind I thought it would be cool to have a jacket which you can see in the picture above. I thought I did a decent job of that added different colors of ink and completely different nature photos. Some in the water, some of the trees. Overall, I really enjoyed this project as I saw my self grow and discover my liking for new things.